The Mark 2 Swallow Gadabout, was introduced in 1950 with a 125cc Villiers 10D two-stroke engine fitted with a 3-speed gearbox operated by a gear-change pedal mounted behind the weathershield. A four-bladed fan running at 1½ engine speed greatly improved the cooling system, which had previously proved problematic.
The most significant change was the addition of the short leading link rubber in torsion suspension for the front fork, an improvement seen earlier in 1949 on the introduction of a
Gadabout Commercial carrier outfit.
Battery lighting equipment supplemented the earlier flywheel direct setup of the
Gadabout Mark 1.
Another improvement was to the bodywork which was revised so that the rear end could be hinged upward or easily detached.
||Villiers Mk 10D two-stroke, capacity 125cc.
50mm x 62mm
||Villiers "Junior" Type
||Three-speed gearbox - foot change
||Welded twin tube with no rear suspension.
||Leading link with bonded rubber suspension
||Pressed steel 8" diameter with split rims
||4.00 x 8" 16" overall diameter
||Lucas lighting equipment - headlight 5½" diameter, 18W bulb
||Steel, located inside body, capacity 2¼ gallons
||Drum brakes - 5" diameter on both wheels,
front operated by hand lever, rear by foot pedal.
||Wheelbase 50", ground clearance 4", unladen seat height 25"
||Maximum speed 44 mph, cruising 30+ mph, 80 mpg