Chassis No.1138 was first registered as VPF 228 on 2nd September 1954 in Surrey. During the 1960s the car spent time in Scotland - taken to Guernsey and then to Cornwall in 1976/7. Past owners include Diane Flemons, Ian Jenkins, Chris Barnicoat and Paul Delderfield.
David Beckett a former Standard-Triumph employee and retired engineer, acquired the car in 2016 with the intention of finishing the restoration started by Paul Delderfield. The bodywork, trim, upholstery, and major mechanical items were all refurbished with the aim of creating a good useable car. The engine needed attention, and after much searching, a correct TR2 crankcase, cylinder head, and crankshaft were obtained and all necessary machining carried out to create an 'as new' engine. The transmission, including the Laycock overdrive also received a complete overhaul.
During the restoration the fuel pump, hydraulic master cylinder were replaced and a high-torque starter motor installed. The petrol tank was also removed, cleaned, and repainted.
A partial rewire was completed and a modified indicator and sidelight arrangement incorporated. The wire wheels were re-spoked, with those at the rear rebuilt to achieve an increase in track width while maintaining a correct appearance. A new bespoke hood has been fitted and the car is complete with side screens and a tonneau cover. Interior trim is to a good standard and the seats have been replaced with items reported to be from a Ferrari 250, which appear to be elegant and comfortable.