RGW 691 was owned by David Gibson of Telford from 1972 to 2011 and the previous
owner was Ian Forrester of London SE1.
Some years ago the vehicle's floors were replaced with galvanized steel and new sills were made and fitted. At this time the body was removed, some minor repairs made to the steel inner-body and the car was then resprayed.
Arnaud Savoye de Puineuf acquired the car in late 2011, and it underwent a complete mechanical overhaul and a new overdrive gearbox was installed.
The car is now registered in France as CE-589-QY.
The original owner of No.1273 was Jack Davey - an early radio and TV star who arrived in Australia from New Zealand in 1931. His subsequent broadcasting career saw him dominating the airwaves of Australia for many years. The car was rescued "from the grave" in 1988 and the restoration by Louis & Jesse Maroya was completed in 2000. Click here for another picture of the car.